VanGogh

Opened my wallet to find no CSC or record of it?

Hello:

I purchased some CSC back in May of this year, opened an account and downloaded a wallet, then transferred the CSC from the exchange to my wallet in two transactions. It seemed to work just fine, and I have checked my wallet multiple times since then where there seemed to be no problem. I checked today, however, and there is no record of my CSC. I took screenshots of my wallet and the recorded transfers back then. I can see that the wallet I open today does not have the same account number, and I don't know how to change it to the one I originally opened. It's a small stake, and I haven't spent a lot of time learning how to use their wallet, etc., but I do believe in the coin's use case and would like to find my CSC. Is there anybody here who might be able to help me? PS: my wallet is installed a Mac with the latest OS. Thank you in advance.

I'm slightly skeptical with this, but just go with it.. its my personality. You're saying you bought CSC on an exchange, transferred  them to your wallet, and was able to confirm the CSC were in the wallet by using the explorer (right? You checked your addresses on the explorer to confirm it went through?)

You then checked today, and your CSC are no longer in your wallet? 

What do you mean by, "there is no record of my CSC" when immediately after you say, "I took screenshots of my wallet and the recorded transfers back then"?

And what do you mean by, "the wallet I open today does not have the same account number"?

Also, which wallet did you use? Include the webpage URL where you found the wallet to download. 

In the example below, you have TWO addresses. One is PUBLIC and starts with the letter C, circled in ORANGE...(you can share it with us) and the other is private (don't share with anyone).

Q8Bl2S5.png

When you initially transferred your CSC from the exchange TO your wallet... you had to transfer them to a wallet address. Whats the PUBLIC address of your wallet, so we can see what might be going on here on the explorer?

Edited by MegaNerd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm on a different computer at the moment (office to home) and I don't have my wallet on this computer, but tomorrow I'll send you the screenshots showing my initial deposits along with my account number. Tomorrow, I'll also open the wallet that I installed on my computer and take current screenshots. I'm not a tech savvy person, so it's probably something simple. I'm also in CSC just for speculation and haven't spent much time learning it's basic technology, but to me it reminds me of a wallet from Ripple from a couple of years ago before the Nano S, which was not at all intuitive. I do not like this CSC wallet at all. Unfortunately few will adopt this coin until the wallets are the same leap of interface that happened from DOS to Windows. I really do appreciate your taking the time to respond. I'll be in touch tomorrow.

2 hours ago, VanGogh said:

I'm on a different computer at the moment (office to home) and I don't have my wallet on this computer, but tomorrow I'll send you the screenshots showing my initial deposits along with my account number. Tomorrow, I'll also open the wallet that I installed on my computer and take current screenshots. I'm not a tech savvy person, so it's probably something simple. I'm also in CSC just for speculation and haven't spent much time learning it's basic technology, but to me it reminds me of a wallet from Ripple from a couple of years ago before the Nano S, which was not at all intuitive. I do not like this CSC wallet at all. Unfortunately few will adopt this coin until the wallets are the same leap of interface that happened from DOS to Windows. I really do appreciate your taking the time to respond. I'll be in touch tomorrow.

definitely dont call it an account number. account number sounds like something from a bank. there are wallet addresses and keys. like already said above, never share your private address with anyone. the csc wallet is incredibly simple to use actually and straightforward. 

• Like 1

Technically we call addresses accounts as CSC is account-based. I can have a look at the issue, just hit me up via PM or on Discord 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Daniel Keller said:

Technically we call addresses accounts as CSC is account-based. I can have a look at the issue, just hit me up via PM or on Discord 🙂

and this is a great example for all that no matter how old we get, we're never too old to be wrong :spinlol:

thanks!

Edited by XRPto50dollars
  • Haha 1