Sign in to follow this  
bluedalmatian

Order not being satisfied

I have had a buy order for 1M CSC at a price of 5 Sats since yesterday on NLExch. At 1PM this afternoon the order book shows someone sold 38.7M CSC at 5 sats and the exchange immediate satified 2 buys at that price, presumably from that 38M, yet my order is still open 3 hours later.

Can anyone explain to me why this is please?

nlexch.png

• Thanks 1

I might be wrong about this but I think you're in a queue so if someone is ahead of you they get to buy the CSC at that price.

16 minutes ago, bluedalmatian said:

I have had a buy order for 1M CSC at a price of 5 Sats since yesterday on NLExch. At 1PM this afternoon the order book shows someone sold 38.7M CSC at 5 sats and the exchange immediate satified 2 buys at that price, presumably from that 38M, yet my order is still open 3 hours later.

Can anyone explain to me why this is please?

nlexch.png

it means there is orders inline to be filled before yours. 

You will have to wait or buy at 6. 

17 minutes ago, 777 said:

it means there is orders inline to be filled before yours. 

You will have to wait or buy at 6. 

But it shows no one is buying at anything higher than 5 and nothing has gone through at any price since 13:07. The highest open buy is 5 and the lowest open sell is at 6 hence there appears to be a standoff which is why nothing is happening, yet that person sold 38.7 million and only 2 orders for 650k each went through so whats happened to the rest of it - there is about 36M unaccounted for

nlexch2.png

3 minutes ago, bluedalmatian said:

But it shows no one is buying at anything higher than 5 and nothing has gone through at any price since 13:07. The highest open buy is 5 and the lowest open sell is at 6 hence there appears to be a standoff which is why nothing is happening, yet that person sold 38.7 million and only 2 orders for 650k each went through so whats happened to the rest of it - there is about 36M unaccounted for

nlexch2.png

Your buy order was not filed by sell order,  depending on how much more there is before you in queue  you might need to wait whole 1 btc or another 20 mil csc to be sold to get your order filed. 

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

Your buy order was not filed by sell order,  depending on how much more there is before you in queue  you might need to wait whole 1 btc or another 20 mil csc to be sold to get your order filed. 

Im sorry for being thick but I really cant understand why all of that 20.6M outstanding buy (regardless of whether mine is the first mil or last mil of that) could not have been satisfied by the 38.7M sold earlier. It seems they only used 1,292,448 of it

Just now, bluedalmatian said:

Im sorry for being thick but I really cant understand why all of that 20.6M outstanding buy (regardless of whether mine is the first mil or last mil of that) could not have been satisfied by the 38.7M sold earlier. It seems they only used 1,292,448 of it

I had once order sit for over 20 days. 

Let's say that I put buy order of 100 mil CSC.  And then you put order of 5 mil, so total buy orders is 105 at 5 satoshi .Anyone selling info 5 satoshi will must go through first come first serve so if they sell 40 mil into 5 then there will be still 65 mil left at buy at 5 and your order wont be filled till everything is gone. But if someone sets order at 6sat then your order gets to be pushed further into back however anyone buying at 5 after you will be now last 

11 minutes ago, bluedalmatian said:

I understand what your saying. 

Maybe contact NL support. 

Iv used them many times and never had an issue. 

If all the 5 was filled it would have gone to 4. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marco said:

Let's say that I put buy order of 100 mil CSC.  And then you put order of 5 mil, so total buy orders is 105 at 5 satoshi .Anyone selling info 5 satoshi will must go through first come first serve so if they sell 40 mil into 5 then there will be still 65 mil left at buy at 5 and your order wont be filled till everything is gone. But if someone sets order at 6sat then your order gets to be pushed further into back however anyone buying at 5 after you will be now last 

I understand that but thats not whats happening here. There was enough to satisfy all of us first come first served (and have a lot to spare). There is no higher buy at 6 on the books

To use your example, lets imagine after you place a buy for 100M @5 and I place a buy for 5M @ 5. (Total buy orders 105M @5) Someone comes along selling 200M @ 5. The exchange should then instantly satisfy that 105M buy but instead it only satisifies 2M of it, and 198M goes missing.

4 minutes ago, Venom said:

I understand what your saying. 

Maybe contact NL support. 

Iv used them many times and never had an issue. 

If all the 5 was filled it would have gone to 4. 

thank you. i thought i was going insane :classic_biggrin:

there was another 2 btc on the buy side at 5 earlier - that pretty much matches with 38mil, and there is also 1 btc instead of 3 left on the buy side so its all fine. Plus i have a buy in at 5 sat thats been there since friday night so im in the queue before you still im afraid! 

• Haha 1