Sign in to follow this  
Tonnie

[SOLVED] Desktop wallet wonky?

AaAhahah, I did it!

So also when maybe the desktop Wallet is offline (or not connected to the server), than it will make the secret key!

My understanding was that all the keys had to be in the name of the file. I didn't open it in notepad..Now I did and I have it!

THANX @Marco and @Zenkert!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tonnie said:

AaAhahah, I did it!

So also when maybe the desktop Wallet is offline (or not connected to the server), than it will make the secret key!

My understanding was that all the keys had to be in the name of the file. I didn't open it in notepad..Now I did and I have it!

THANX @Marco and @Zenkert!!!

Welcome ! 

The secret key is generated the instant your public address is generated, they come in pair 😉 That file can be used to restore on any pc or mac, the inside of the file has key to recover it on mobile for example 😄 

• Like 1

Yeah, and I just found out why I had no connection to the servers...my surface was on a public wifi....

When I created a hotspot with my phone there was connetion and updating again!!

Maybe something for in the FAQ (or am I the first :classic_biggrin:)

Edited by Tonnie
surface as in Microsof Surface Pro

17 minutes ago, Tonnie said:

Yeah, and I just found out why I had no connection to the servers...my surface was on a public wifi....

When I created a hotspot with my phone there was connetion and updating again!!

Maybe something for in the FAQ (or am I the first :classic_biggrin:)

You probably did that when wallet was trying to connect for the first time, didnt allow public networks 😉 anyway locking this down. case solved

• Like 1