Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tonnie

[SOLVED] Desktop wallet wonky?

Recommended Posts

Maybe they are hiding :classic_biggrin: No seriously. Mine is fine.  Bought some more CSC yesterday and transfered to the Wallet and it works just fine.
Windows. Wallet version 4.1.4 DB version 1.0.1

Edited by Zenkert
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange, mine show up on casinocoin.org. But dont at the desktop wallet version 4.1.4 (DB version 1.0.1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tonnie said:

Strange, mine show up on casinocoin.org. But dont at the desktop wallet version 4.1.4 (DB version 1.0.1)

Could be something with your computer (Not a tech guy) But as long as you can see your CSC here you are OK.

https://explorer.casinocoin.org/

Edited by Zenkert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes the desktop wallet likes to pretend your balance is zero making you panic :help:...it thinks it's very funny. After a while it will show you the correct balance. Annoying little devil :diablo:. I gave it a good talking to last time it did that and it hasn't done it since.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tonnie said:

Hi,

coins are not showing up. Is there a remedy?

Thanx!

Are they showing up on the explorer ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Marco said:

Are they showing up on the explorer ?

That was what I posted 5 hours ago :classic_smile:

5 hours ago, Zenkert said:

Could be something with your computer (Not a tech guy) But as long as you can see your CSC here you are OK.

https://explorer.casinocoin.org/

So @Tonnie what´s the answer? You have your CSC?

Edited by Zenkert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zenkert said:

That was what I posted 5 hours ago :classic_smile:

So @Tonnie what´s the answer? You have your CSC?

Ofcourse showing on the explorer, No problemo👌🏻

Will check my computer Tomorrow. Off to bed now (23:36)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tonnie said:

Ofcourse showing on the explorer, No problemo👌🏻

Will check my computer Tomorrow. Off to bed now (23:36)

as long as they are on the explorer, and you have keys to your wallet you are fine 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marco said:

as long as they are on the explorer, and you have keys to your wallet you are fine 🙂 

The keys are the secret 8 words right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just downloaded the CasinoCoin mobile app (iOS). But also this seems wonky and wont start....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Desktop Wallet is still not showing my last transfer. I get the feeling there wallet is not updating. And this sucks becaus I want to export my private keys and it wil only make a wonky .keys file (not fitting the discription in the FAQ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tonnie said:

The keys are the secret 8 words right?

NOOOOOOO. That's for your password recovery, you got to enter your wallet and export your key, it gives you a file that can be used to restore your wallet. Or you can open it and inside there is your secret key which can be used to restore your wallet on mobile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marco said:

NOOOOOOO. That's for your password recovery, you got to enter your wallet and export your key, it gives you a file that can be used to restore your wallet. Or you can open it and inside there is your secret key which can be used to restore your wallet on mobile

OK...but because my Desktop Wallet is wonky every time I export my private key the file is different (and VERY different from how it should look lik in the FAQ). It seems my desktop wallet won't 'update' or is connected to the server (althought is says in green it is 'connected')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marco said:

NOOOOOOO. That's for your password recovery, you got to enter your wallet and export your key, it gives you a file that can be used to restore your wallet. Or you can open it and inside there is your secret key which can be used to restore your wallet on mobile

YES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From 'server information' I only get the 'Environment' (Production), Response Time (msec) (-1) and Last Closing Time (01:00:00)

This can't be right....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tonnie said:

From 'server information' I only get the 'Environment' (Production), Response Time (msec) (-1) and Last Closing Time (01:00:00)

This can't be right....

 

Have you tried to disconnect from the Server and then Connect again? BTW you are posting in 2 threads now with the same problem. Please stick to one thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zenkert said:

Have you tried to disconnect from the Server and then Connect again? BTW you are posting in 2 threads now with the same problem. Please stick to one thread.

I wil stick to this one (@Marco)

Yes, I tried to disconnect...nothing happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tonnie said:

I wil stick to this one (@Marco)

Yes, I tried to disconnect...nothing happens. 

So anything else you done with your computer before your Wallet started acting Wonky?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tonnie said:

From 'server information' I only get the 'Environment' (Production), Response Time (msec) (-1) and Last Closing Time (01:00:00)

This can't be right....

 

NO, it is definitly NOT right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zenkert said:

So anything else you done with your computer before your Wallet started acting Wonky?

Still thinking. Surface pro is mostly used for working and cryptochat....Don't think so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you need your secretkey to recover a wallet?

I only have my account ID/recovery passphrase/and password for the Casinocoin Desktop Wallet.

I am anxious to uninstall the Desktop Wallet....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tonnie said:

I am anxious to uninstall the Desktop Wallet....

Do not uninstall. I repeat do not uninstall. Then you will ruin a possible possibility of fixing your problem.

@Daniel Keller could you spare some time and look into this. You have been very helpful in the Past in issues similar to this.

Edited by Zenkert
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tonnie said:

Do you need your secretkey to recover a wallet?

I only have my account ID/recovery passphrase/and password for the Casinocoin Desktop Wallet.

I am anxious to uninstall the Desktop Wallet....

none of these will recover your wallet you need to enter your dekstop wallet, go to Tools > Private keys > export private key. DO NOT worry that every time you do that the name of the file is different, what matters is the inside of the file.

YOu can use this file to restore your wallet on any PC / MAc. Try making new wallet and restore it. and you can try extracting your secret this way : by opening the file with notepad you will find this: 

{"accountID":"cxxdsfsdftwetsdsdfdsffs","publicKey":"03497611623543235426232346234524532646250","privateKey":"002F3C70F31CC323A3634534523423B1DCF49","secret": "ssFDoSsdfdsfsdghrtewesrfdgrg","encrypted":false}]

This is your address 

and red is your secret key, that will permit you to recover your wallet anywhere.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×