Sign in to follow this  
Georg Fiechtl-Otter

CSC XRPL-Trustline

Hello there,

I saw on twitter quite a few posts which say that CSC is based on the XRP-tech.

So based on those statements I figured that CSC might be a trustline on the XRPLedger. (?) 

If that’s correct, does someone know it’s trustline Address ? I could not find it during my research. All I find is the official wallet of CSC and the exchanges where you can buy it. 

But if it’s a trustline it should be possible to add CSC to a native XRP wallet (e.g. toastwallet etc) and buy it directly on the XRPLedger via XRP/CSC conversation.

Any clues on that topic ?

Greetings~

2 minutes ago, Georg Fiechtl-Otter said:

Hello there,

I saw on twitter quite a few posts which say that CSC is based on the XRP-tech.

So based on those statements I figured that CSC might be a trustline on the XRPLedger. (?) 

If that’s correct, does someone know it’s trustline Address ? I could not find it during my research. All I find is the official wallet of CSC and the exchanges where you can buy it. 

But if it’s a trustline it should be possible to add CSC to a native XRP wallet (e.g. toastwallet etc) and buy it directly on the XRPLedger via XRP/CSC conversation.

Any clues on that topic ?

Greetings~

CSC is not a trust line , it does not use XRP ledger it's a stand alone legder with its own servers. CSC used xrp code base as start then customized it as per gambling needs 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, CryptonizeMe said:

CSC is a hard fork on XRP. Seperate developments to suit gambling sector needs.

By definition :

What is Hard Fork

A hard fork (or sometimes hardfork), as it relates to blockchain technology, is a radical change to the protocol that makes previously invalid blocks/transactions valid (or vice-versa). 

CSC is not a hard fork ,it uses XRP open source code to make their own coin that is independent from xrp ledger.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marco said:

CSC is not a trust line , it does not use XRP ledger it's a stand alone legder with its own servers. CSC used xrp code base as start then customized it as per gambling needs 🙂

Oh. I didn’t know that you can just take the ledger codebase, run custom nodes which don’t connect to the original and issue your own asset on it. Thanks for clarification. 

(I was reading a few files of the XRPL code on github, did some research and couldn’t figure out how to issue an custom asset without trustline, so I thought it’s simply not possible.)

5 minutes ago, Marco said:

CSC is not a hard fork ,it uses XRP open source code to make their own coin that is independent from xrp ledger.

YES! That´s the way it is. There is a video on that, but I can´t find it right now . . .

7 minutes ago, Zenkert said:

YES! That´s the way it is. There is a video on that, but I can´t find it right now . . .

Would be interesting to know (tech-wise) how to issue a new asset with the codebase of the XRPL without trustline tho.

18 minutes ago, Zenkert said:

Found the Video.

@

Thanks. Well that answers the copying of the early codebase and developing it further on their own way. Still no clues on how they actually issued CSC with the code which would be interesting. In theory you need to add code which creates an amount of an asset and parks it into a wallet, then remove that code again. But that’s just the theory and probably sounds more easy than it actually is.

2 hours ago, Georg Fiechtl-Otter said:

Oh. I didn’t know that you can just take the ledger codebase, run custom nodes which don’t connect to the original and issue your own asset on it. Thanks for clarification. 

(I was reading a few files of the XRPL code on github, did some research and couldn’t figure out how to issue an custom asset without trustline, so I thought it’s simply not possible.)

Yes any code can be used if it's open source , it's for general public to be shared and freely used you just can't claim it it's yours, however you can develop it further and advance it and make it your own and not public.

1 hour ago, Georg Fiechtl-Otter said:

Thanks. Well that answers the copying of the early codebase and developing it further on their own way. Still no clues on how they actually issued CSC with the code which would be interesting. In theory you need to add code which creates an amount of an asset and parks it into a wallet, then remove that code again. But that’s just the theory and probably sounds more easy than it actually is.

Issuing any coin is as easy as ruining a sever,it gets more complicated when chosing the system if it's proof of work , proof of stake or like xrp or others .

Original CSC which was cxx was using code base light coin , it had been mined to generate cxx coin just as Bitcoin, when double c took over they wanted to switch to better more fitting technology such as xrp. So they swapped existing cxx coins 39 milion for 40 bilion csc, any owner of 1 cxx got 1000 CSC. Therefore CSC has decentralized roots in LTC/CXX 🙂

• Like 1