Sign in to follow this  
DanBilzerian

(Lost wallet) Need to reinstall Windows on PC with wallet (dead pc)

2 hours ago, DanBilzerian said:

I am talking directly with Daniel as we speak! thanks guys.

Unfortunately it doesn't look good for my wallet... tech guy's data extraction didn't include files in program files.. and deleted old disk. Next is trying to find back the deleted file..

Will update later

It is slightly possible to undelete those files. Certainly cant hurt to try. You may also ask the tech guys if they 'imaged' your drive in order to recover it or if they simpmy cut and pasted. With an image they will have ALL data and there is your backup.

i wish you tried to reseat the HD and RAM first. These guys who work to 'fix' computers, especially at best buy are a bunch of 20-year old crooks. They charge an arm and a leg yet all they really do is run basic 'fix' software

its windows, you said you tried /sfc in the command prompt. did you do it as an administrator? or course, who knows what these computer fix-it guys did so they may have made the situation worse. 

have you tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Did you ever create a Restore Point?

do you have a folder thats missing information? can you right click on the folder and click 'Restore previous versions'?

What is up guys. I have some awesome news for you all that's been curious about my situation. I have my coins!!!

With Daniel's help I was able to recover the .key files backup and reimport my old wallet!

Oh and by the way, Windows was stuck at boot because of the Windows update just like I thought!

Going to celebrate by loading my bags even more now lol

EDIT: Damn Daniel, we did it.

Edited by DanBilzerian
had to say damn Daniel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DanBilzerian said:

What is up guys. I have some awesome news for you all that's been curious about my situation. I have my coins!!!

With Daniel's help I was able to recover the .key files backup and reimport my old wallet!

Oh and by the way, Windows was stuck at boot because of the Windows update just like I thought!

Going to celebrate by loading my bags even more now lol

EDIT: Damn Daniel, we did it.

I'm so glad for you man!!... :drinks:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DanBilzerian said:

Awesome news! 

• Like 1

Big congratz to you @DanBilzerian for getting your CSC back, now that was a X-Mas gift 🎄
Thanks to our one and only @Daniel Keller  :d_sunny:  the CSCforce is strong in you :JC_doubleup:

Edited by Zenkert
  • Like 1