Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wutang2889

Casino coin Secret key????

Recommended Posts

I don't think it's possible to recover the wallet without the secret key. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wutang2889 said:

Can you recover a wallet without the secret key?

Yes but only if you have the original files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wutang2889 said:

Where can i find the secret key if i moved private keys off pc and sold my pc.

If you copied the correct files then they can be decrypted and the key retrieved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Account Secret aka Private Key

If you export your private keys, you will end up with a file containing some text like this:

  Quote

[{"accountID":"czyzyzyzyzyzyzyzyzyz","publicKey":"010101010101010101","privateKey":"02020202022020220022020","secret":"f0hvd0vsdd23ewergv","encrypted":false}]

The Important thing you have to backup/write down in order to recover the account is:

  Quote

"secret":"f0hvd0vsdd23ewergv"

The secret allows you to import your account to other wallets and/or recovering it when necessary. 

The above can be found in the pinned FAQ topic of the General Discussion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RonSwanson said:

Account Secret aka Private Key

If you export your private keys, you will end up with a file containing some text like this:

  Quote

[{"accountID":"czyzyzyzyzyzyzyzyzyz","publicKey":"010101010101010101","privateKey":"02020202022020220022020","secret":"f0hvd0vsdd23ewergv","encrypted":false}]

The Important thing you have to backup/write down in order to recover the account is:

  Quote

"secret":"f0hvd0vsdd23ewergv"

The secret allows you to import your account to other wallets and/or recovering it when necessary. 

The above can be found in the pinned FAQ topic of the General Discussion.

YES! To all of the above.

Edited by Zenkert
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 2:24 AM, crypto2libertas said:

my understanding is that all secret keys start with ss..  . There is a private key and secret key. Secret key is the important one.

Secret key , private key is the same just named differently. Password phrases seed is not your key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Marco said:

Secret key , private key is the same just named differently. Password phrases seed is not your key.

as long as you have the key that starts with ss. That's all you need. 

Edited by crypto2libertas
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am confused :classic_blink:

So in my opinion there are different 'keys'

key 1: password to open your wallet with the desktop-program 'CasinoCoin Wallet'

key 2: exportfile, looks something like this: [{"accountID":"czyzyzyzyzyzyzyzyzyz","publicKey":"010101010101010101","privateKey":"02020202022020220022020","secret":"f0hvd0vsdd23ewergv","encrypted":false}]

key 3: the 8 words you had to write down when for the first time making a wallet with the desktop-program 'CasinoCoin Wallet'

Questions:

1. Where do I find key 2?

2. Where and how does the compare with an XRP-address witch you can 'open' with your 24 secret words (BIP39)?

EDIT: I found the 'export private key file'. But the file I got from this is MUCH smaller (less letters) than above and looks much different....

Edited by Tonnie
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tonnie said:

1. Where do I find key 2?

You have to export it from the Wallet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zenkert said:

You have to export it from the Wallet.

OK...but because my Desktop Wallet is wonky every time I export my private key the file is different (and VERY different from how it should look lik in the FAQ). It seems my desktop wallet won't 'update' or is connected to the server (althought is says in green it is 'connected')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tonnie said:

OK...but because my Desktop Wallet is wonky every time I export my private key the file is different (and VERY different from how it should look lik in the FAQ). It seems my desktop wallet won't 'update' or is connected to the server (althought is says in green it is 'connected')

When did it start to act Wonky?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zenkert said:

When did it start to act Wonky?

Between sunday and wednesday. Wednesday I made a purchase and it didn't come througt (it is on the ledger though and I can see it in my wallet via explorer.casinocoin.org)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tonnie said:

Between sunday and wednesday. Wednesday I made a purchase and it didn't come througt (it is on the ledger though and I can see it in my wallet via explorer.casinocoin.org)

Something special happened during those days. Stuff you made with your computer or surfing the internet?
As I said in the other thread, please post in only one thread.

Edited by Zenkert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You either have an export of your account OR if you have your .casinocoin folder, which allows you to recover accounts and get the secrets.

@Tonnie what exactly is happening and what exactly is different

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Daniel Keller said:

You either have an export of your account OR if you have your .casinocoin folder, which allows you to recover accounts and get the secrets.

@Tonnie what exactly is happening and what exactly is different

@Daniel Keller the case has been solved in this Thread (Tonnie was double posting)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×