LeGonze

Backup Wallet / How to Import an Existing Wallet to another Wallet

NOTE: This was written by @Daniel Keller on the FAQs thread, but I think it deserves it's own thread. 

Thanks Daniel for this very detailed explanation. :good:

How to Import an existing Wallet, like your Desktop Wallet to your Mobile Wallet

First of all, we need the accounts secret in order to be able to import it. If you haven't exported your Key yet, you can do it the following way:

Click Tools -> Export Private Keys

gRiNdST.png

Enter your password

8lDVOOb.png

Select a location where the file should be stored to. Don't be confused you have to select a folder.

Evff1nd.png

You will get a message that it worked.

xPiNw4u.png

Navigate to the previously selected location and look for a file with a file name like: 2018-09-04-19-26-21-e9f94216-b6a4-fdab-39b1-f4929fecc971.keys (YOURS WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT NAME!!!). Open that file with any kind of editor, I am using Sublime here. The file will look something like this:

FOUpkei.png

The part we are looking for is the "secret" bit. Write it down. You will have to type it on your Mobile Wallet without the "".

Head to your Mobile and open your wallet. On your main screen click on "+Add Account"

3p39ga7.jpg

Now Click on "Add Existing Address"

ZZcqDPC.jpg

Type in the secret you just wrote down, leave the next field blank, choose an Account Nickname and enter your password in the last field. Keep in mind that's not the PIN it's the password you chose when setting the wallet up. Once all info is in hit "Import Account".

ZpYbrU9.jpg

If all went correct you will get a message telling you so.

MeRJEPR.jpg

You will be asked to take a backup. I recommend you do that. Once that's done just log out from your wallet and open it again.

zmlQPxS.jpg

If you open your wallet now, you will see the account you just imported.

km8dq4F.jpg

That's it!

NOTE #2: Here is a Video from @Wenusch also!!

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Daniel Keller said:

There is also a way to import your mobile wallet but i need to look at it, cause i never tried it before 😄

@Daniel Keller, Can you pin this thread so it can stay up there like the important ones??

I think this is very very important information!!  :good:

Edited by LeGonze

4 minutes ago, CindyLou said:

Tell me more !

Sis, Sis, Sis I feel so related to you and your way of thinking. Just plain connection. Like I do, You!

7 minutes ago, Zenkert said:

Sis, Sis, Sis I feel so related to you and your way of thinking. Just plain connection. Like I do, You!

Ditto!

See you in Vegas at 30 cents for the Moonstravaganza!

Cyn 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CindyLou said:

Moonstravaganza!

That happens when all is shared, and there is no return, except back to The Future.
Steel a Kiss, I do.

5 minutes ago, Zenkert said:

Steel a Kiss, I do.

Uhum, Zen?

You can't do that anymore! #meetoo :spinlol:

Cyn-ZZzzz

• Haha 2

Guest BlackJack

Deleted 

Edited by BlackJack

Guest BlackJack
12 hours ago, LeGonze said:

@Daniel Keller, Can you pin this thread so it can stay up there like the important ones??

I think this is very very important information!!  :good:

I think @admin should be able to pin this. 

5 hours ago, LeGonze said:

@Chewiecoin!!  Please Pin or Lock this thread so it can stay up there with the Important ones!!

giphy.gif

Hey @LeGonze this is already in the FAQ thread which is pinned and locked do we need to pin this one too?

Im worried we will start having too many pinned threads. 

I agree though great information from @Daniel Keller

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Chewiecoin said:

Hey @LeGonze this is already in the FAQ thread which is pinned and locked do we need to pin this one too?

Im worried we will start having too many pinned threads. 

I agree though great information from @Daniel Keller

Well, I had a hard time looking for this info. I checked a lot of threads including the FAQs one, but did not scroll down because the main post did not had it. I mean, it's not really a FAQ but it's a very important matter.

I think it deserves it's own Pin Thread, wich will make it easier to find for new members.

Think about it Sheriff!

Thanks!! :hi:

• Like 1

You can also create a wallet in the mobile app (android). Retrieve the private key by clicking the secret button and providing the apps passphrase. Then you can use the secret key to import the wallet into the desktop version.

• Thanks 1