Sign in to follow this  
Ikketje

Wallet on phone and laptop

How can i get the same wallet from my Phone on my laptop and use both of them?

I've made a wallet backup on my Phone, but i cant use it in the wallet on my laptop?

On my laptop i see 'import private key', is this the same as 'restore wallet' on my Phone?

Thanks!

Nobody can help me?

Its because my csc is on my phone. But i cant make a paper wallet with the csc app on my phone. 

Install the desktop wallet, send all coins to it and import the desktop account to your mobile wallet 

The mobile wallet currently doesn't export your plain secret

@Ikketje Might be because of Sunday and timezone guy. Of course we would help ya. Did Daniel answer you ok? Are you good now?

Edited by BumFuzzle
  • Like 1

Thanks for helping me!! :classic_biggrin: Now my coins are safe.

Edited by Ikketje
  • Thanks 1

just one (maybe stupid) question,

whats the difference between the backup on the mobile wallet and the secret key on the desktop wallet?

isn't it the same?

Yes is the same. You can actually import one to the other. And not a stupid question. It is best that users of crypto software ask as much as they can so to better understand what they are doing. Is safer for you.

Edited by BumFuzzle

34 minutes ago, BumFuzzle said:

Yes is the same. You can actually import one to the other. And not a stupid question. It is best that users of crypto software ask as much as they can so to better understand what they are doing. Is safer for you.

ok thank you!

On 9/30/2018 at 10:33 PM, Daniel Keller said:

The mobile wallet currently doesn't export your plain secret

I just checked and you can reveal your account secret ( I believe that is your secret key) by providing the passphrase within the mobile app. Am I wrong here ? Couldn't you use that secret key for the desktop app

Last time i checked the Mobile Wallet didn't give you your secret. Get the same backup mechanism across all wallets is on the list atm.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:36 PM, Daniel Keller said:

Last time i checked the Mobile Wallet didn't give you your secret. Get the same backup mechanism across all wallets is on the list atm.

yep it does (android one). Click on the account and you can see three buttons. Change Nickname, Secret and Delete.  When you click the secret button it asks for the passphrase. Once entered it provides you the secret key (string starting with ss) which you can use to import it into the desktop wallet. I have done multiple times over the last few days

Edited by crypto2libertas

16 minutes ago, crypto2libertas said:

yep it does (android one). Click on the account and you can see three buttons. Change Nickname, Secret and Delete.  When you click the secret button it asks for the passphrase. Once entered it provides you the secret key (string starting with ss) which you can use to import it into the desktop wallet. I have done multiple times over the last few days

sweet! Gonna update what I wrote. Shame on me i never tested that 😕