RonSwanson

The Malta Gaming Authority Sandbox Environment

The sandbox testing has been delayed, has not started yet. Hopefully it starts sometime between now and oct 1st. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Nate said:

The sandbox testing has been delayed, has not started yet. Hopefully it starts sometime between now and oct 1st. 

Thanks, I must've missed an announcement!  I was strictly going off their report.

Yeah as said before, the Sandbox has been delayed but the "rulebook" they placed is in effect. There were some changes that happened in the MGA itself but as everyone knows: We are waiting for it to start and it will start. To my knowledge, there is no other incentive like this in any jurisdiction. 

Volatility is only a thing when talking about the responsible gaming limits, this could be a little tricky but it is an operator thing. 

As for now, we are looking at what is happening with Codius but we are a payment processing system, that's what we focus on right now 🙂

This is a nice thread, ill poke @John Caldwell about it sounds like some fireside chat stuff. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, RonSwanson said:

The report itself is relatively short (around 20 pages) so it's worth giving it a read!

Do you have a link to that report ?

4 hours ago, crypto2libertas said:

Do you have a link to that report ?

it's at the top of his opening post

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2018 at 3:48 PM, Nate said:

yes. hopefully  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by oso

5 hours ago, John Caldwell said:

@RonSwanson  Thanks for the effort.  We think the rules, etc will become clear in the very near future.  Some of the stuff you write will still apply, but some may not.  I have been long on the record saying the technology as it exists today (important!) will not support micro-transaction events (ie: games with frequent fast moving RNG determinations) - certainly not on-chain.  I still haven't seen an off-chain solution that I deem practical, tho I admit my head is buried in CSC on a daily basis.

Everyone hang in there, and we should be riding soon.  👍

Lets race! lol, nice avi btw.

On 8/23/2018 at 1:48 PM, Nate said:

On 8/23/2018 at 11:45 AM, RonSwanson said:

- MGA Sandbox will run for 6 months, beginning in Q2 2018.  Because we know that it has to start after 4/30/18, but definitely in Q2 2018, that gives us a rough idea of the end date (sometime between 10/31 and 12/31)

I guess we will find out Feb 2019 if the testing went smooth. 

@moonlambo, once the sandbox starts, we will know it.  Malta will make an announcement, and the foundation will probably announce our partners at that time as well.

Since real world gambling is being done in the sandbox, we should know pretty quickly how it is going.

If I was guessing, I'd say the start of the sandbox should be around mid Sept, but I am an optimist.

The Malta Gaming Authority was delayed by a month due to an EU regulation to August 1, the draft version of the financial services rulebook dealing with virtual currencies was just released a few weeks back, the Malta Digital Innovation Authority legislation passed end of June, and the Maltese people come back from their summer holiday at the end of August.  

The entire legislation returns from their summer recess on Oct 1, but since all the laws dealing with Gaming and Virtual Currency have been passed, the status of the legislature doesn't really have much of an effect.  Now it is just about enacting those laws, so everything is in the hands of the bureaucrats, and the Maltese bureaucracy has been crushing it recently.

That is why I lean towards mid September.  A couple weeks to get the systems rolling after coming back from break seems like a good estimate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, honeybyte said:

@moonlambo, once the sandbox starts, we will know it.  Malta will make an announcement, and the foundation will probably announce our partners at that time as well.

Since real world gambling is being done in the sandbox, we should know pretty quickly how it is going.

If I was guessing, I'd say the start of the sandbox should be around mid Sept, but I am an optimist.

The Malta Gaming Authority was delayed by a month due to an EU regulation to August 1, the draft version of the financial services rulebook dealing with virtual currencies was just released a few weeks back, the Malta Digital Innovation Authority legislation passed end of June, and the Maltese people come back from their summer holiday at the end of August.  

The entire legislation returns from their summer recess on Oct 1, but since all the laws dealing with Gaming and Virtual Currency have been passed, the status of the legislature doesn't really have much of an effect.  Now it is just about enacting those laws, so everything is in the hands of the bureaucrats, and the Maltese bureaucracy has been crushing it recently.

That is why I lean towards mid September.  A couple weeks to get the systems rolling after coming back from break seems like a good estimate.

Thanks @honeybyte  I think once we get official confirmation of the sandbox testing starting and an official announcement from the Foundation on who the official business partner is (I think we know who!!) this will be a real shot in the arm for CSC.

It will create a lot of internet news and social media which will send investors in. 

It will be a great first step!!

• Like 2