Sign in to follow this  
Odiug

Wallet 5.0.7 backup/restore guidenace

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

New to this forum,  am however a big long-time follower and enthusiast on the casincoin developments.  And therefore also a CSC holder..

However struggeling still a little with holding my CSC safe and secure. Would love to have a hardware wallet option, but clearly that comes at a cost which is probably not feasible at this point in time.  So I keep mine still on an exchange (yeah I know...)

Playing around a little with the latest casioncoin desktop wallet (5.0.7/windows version).   Where can I find proper and full guidenance on how this latest wallet works; and especially re.  backup-functionalities / restoring funds etc ?  e.g. there is no ' private key export'  functionality in the latest version, yet it works with a secret key / how is that different from a private key ? 

Thanks !

Edited by Odiug
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Odiug said:

Hi All,

New to this forum,  am however a big long-time follower and enthusiast on the casincoin developments.  And therefore also a CSC holder..

However struggeling still a little with holding my CSC safe and secure. Would love to have a hardware wallet option, but clearly that comes at a cost which is probably not feasible at this point in time.  So I keep mine still on an exchange (yeah I know...)

Playing around a little with the latest casioncoin desktop wallet (5.0.7/windows version).   Where can I find proper and full guidenance on how this latest wallet works; and especially re.  backup-functionalities / restoring funds etc ?  e.g. there is no ' private key export'  functionality in the latest version, yet it works with a secret key / how is that different from a private key ? 

Thanks !

I think its exactly the same thing. Do you have a “Secret Key export” functionality?

yes, well, under 'tools'  it shows show account secret. So that secret key belongs to a CSC account/ not to the wallet ? (Sorry, I might ask stupid questions here)